(CNN) — We saw passenger news this week aground Delays after a power outage in the Philippines flights in florida and as well as the continuing legend for Denver Southwest Airlines crisis during the festivities.
Welcome to 2023, where a truly punctual airline is front page news. In fact, the best-performing South American airline for punctuality worldwide last year is Azul Brazilian Airlines, according to a new report from aviation analytics firm. cyrium.
During a particularly chaotic 12 months for aviation, Azul Brazilian made approximately 280,000 flights last year, of which 88.93% arrived within 15 minutes of scheduled time at the gate, Cirium’s performance measure.
In the rest of South America, LATAM Airlines from Chile (86.31% punctuality on more than 450,000 flights) is fourth in Cirium’s international airline rankings, while Avianca from Colombia (83.48% and approximately 145,000 flights) is sixth. was ranked.
Leader in US airports
The United States was also well represented in both airlines and airports.
For the second year in a row, Delta Airlines received the Cirium Platinum Award for Global Operational Excellence, which assesses on-time performance as well as operational complexity and an airline’s ability to limit the impact of flight disruptions on its passengers.
Although Delta ranks fifth on the global leaderboard, an impressive 83.63% of its more than million flights were on time.
United Airlines (80.46%) ranked eighth and American Airlines (78.29%) tenth, followed by Southwest with 74.06%.
Six of the ten most punctual airports in the world are located in the United States, with Salt Lake City International Airport in first place. Cirium reported that 83.87% of its 226,545 flights departed 15 minutes after their scheduled departure time.
bad year for England
The Asia-Pacific region has been rather slow compared to the rest of the world in post-COVID-19 open air travel. Japan reopened its international borders in October, and two of the airlines, All Nippon Airways (88.61%) and Japan Airlines (88.00%), reached positions 2 and 3, respectively, in the Cirium ranking chart.
Japan’s StarFlyer was named the world’s leading low-cost airline (95.23% on-time rematch on nearly 22,000 flights), and Tokyo’s Haneda had the best airport performance worldwide for punctual departures (90.33% on time on over 370,000 flights).
It was also a great year for travel to the Middle East with the postponement of Expo 2020 Dubai and the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup, but Emirates (Rank 7) and Qatar Airways (Rank 10) have overcome the challenge.
No European airlines or airports were included in Cirium’s top 10 global leaders, and no UK airline or airport qualified for the top-performing European regional ranking.
With a punctuality rate of 85.87% on more than 91,000 flights, Spanish Iberia was named the best in Europe.
The world’s top airlines for punctuality, according to Cirium:
- Azul Brazilian Airlines (88.93% punctuality; 279,722 flights).
- All Nippon Airlines (88.61% punctual; 162,370 flights).
- Japan Airlines (88.00 punctuality; 165,981 flights).
- LATAM Airlines (86.31% on time; 451,651 flights).
- Delta Air Lines (83.63% punctuality; 1,004,684 flights).
- Avianca SA (83.48% punctuality; 144,525 flights).
- Emirates (81.30% of the time; 137,589 flights).
- United Airlines (80.46% punctuality; 789,200 flights).
- Qatar Airways (78.32% of the time; 152,377 flights).
- American Airlines (78.29 percent on time; 1,076,100 flights).
The top performing global airports of 2022 were:
- Haneda Airport, Tokyo (90.33% punctuality; 373,264 flights).
- Kempegowda International Airport, Bangalore, India (84.08% punctuality; 201,897 flights).
- Salt Lake City International Airport, Utah (83.87% punctuality; 226,545 flights).
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Michigan (82.62% punctuality; 271,963 flights).
- Philadelphia International Airport, Pennsylvania (82.54% punctuality; 233,777 flights).
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minnesota (81.95% punctuality; 276,346 flights).
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi (81.84% punctuality; 411,205 flights).
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Washington (81.04% punctuality; 383,250 flights).
- El Dorado International Airport, Bogota (80.72% punctuality; 273,721 flights).
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, North Carolina (80.68% punctuality; 457,871 flights).
#worlds #punctual #airlines