On the official site of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and Arts AustraliaIt has been reported that the second season of the anime will be released. From Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (How Not to Summon a Demon Lord) got its classification”CRtranslated as «Rejected Classification“. This means that The series will not be legally broadcast in Australia and physical packages will not be sold either..
It should be noted that the first season of the anime received its «classification».M15+“, that is, it is only classified for young people over the age of fifteen. In this classification we can notice: Australian officials thought the show had issues with its «Sex» content.“moderate impact onViolence«Y»nudityModerate influence on » and «Language“. Seems like the second season ratings were too much for the holdersbecause they did not accept distribution.
this should be noted in many other countries this second season was rated PG-13, that is, recommended for adolescents over the age of thirteen. However, previous articles set the precedent that Australia has much stricter criteria for nudity and sexuality.
Notable comments on this topic included:
- «Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland are hell for otaku. These countries are so bad when it comes to anime censorship these days that this anime has even been approved in NORTH KOREA AND CUBA/VENEZUELA».
- «Sooner or later, more and more anime will be banned. Australians voted for it because of the people they put in office. So it’s up to them to clean up. Otherwise they will lose more anime and I won’t be upset when they do.».
- «The classification authorities in this country have always been inconsistent. For every good decision like «Aliens Vs. Predator» or «Interspecies Reviewers» in 2010 we have a «Left 4 Dead 2» or that. There are real reasons people here are important and hack a lot of media. this is our hobby».
- «This show sucks, but it’s sad that it’s still banned in Australia.».
- ««Kangaroo Hell» jokes still true».
- «He expected no less from the country that lost the war against the Emu. Yes, Australia lost a war against some birds».
- «Australia even censors The Simpsons and other American shows. Built differently in Australia».
- «Well, the second season was awful. I guess that’s a good thing».
- «I never liked that anime, but banning it is wrong. I hate the Australian government enough already and now they’ve added more to the hate».
Summary by Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
When it comes to the fantastic MMORPG Cross Reverie, none can match the power of the Devil Demon King. Owning the rarest artifacts in the game and a unique player level, he dominates anyone stupid enough to take him down. But despite his terrible reputation, Diablo’s real identity is Takuma Sakamoto, a hikikomori player who lacks social skills. Defeating desperate opponents every day, Takuma cares nothing but his virtual life, until a summoning spell suddenly transports him to another world, where he disguises himself as Diablo.
Takuma is greeted by two girls beckoning him in this new world reminiscent of his favorite game: Petite Pantherian adventurer Rem Galeu and big boobed elf summoner Shera L. Greenwood. They perform a captivity ritual to suppress him, but the spell backfires causing them to become slaves. With the situation getting weirder than ever, Takuma decides to accompany the girls to find a way to terminate their contract as he learns to adjust to his new presence as the menacing Demon King.
Font: @BepDelta on Twitter
© 福田 直叶 (著), 鶴崎 貴大 (著), むらさき ゆきや (原著) / KODANSHA 講談社
#Isekai #Maou #Shoukan #Banned #Australia #Kudasai